The Streets Superintendent ensures safety of city streets and equipment year-round, manages and oversees daily operations, supervises street, mechanic, temporary and seasonal staff and ensures the repair and maintenance of city equipment, street infrastructure, cemetery, and city shop building.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME EXEMPT, SALARIED AND CONFIDENTIAL
SALARY: $64,631 – $80,180 ANNUALLY, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800 – 1700 plus possible evening and weekend availability
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Education – High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
Minimum 3 Years Supervisory experience required
Minimum 5 Years Streets, Heavy Equipment, or Construction experience required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license required, ability to obtain Alaska license within 90 days; CDL preferred.
- Supervises all personnel within the Streets department. This includes hiring, directing and coaching staff for optimal team performance.
- Creates a positive team culture that reflects the Street’s mission statement of ensuring safe city streets during all seasons. Holds employees accountable for work standards.
- Responds to requests for service from residents, businesses, and contractors. Uses problem solving skills to resolve issues to customers’ satisfaction. Handles escalated customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all city departments in a customer-oriented manner for snow removal, mechanical work, city projects and other activities
- Responds to work order requests from all city departments/divisions and delegates tasks to appropriate personnel. Ensures the communication with other departments on progress, status, and timing of work order completion.
- Ensure personnel policies, Collective Bargaining Agreement (union contact), rules, and regulations are adhered to within the Streets department.
- Develops, designs, schedules, and implements large projects
- Create and assigns daily, weekly, and monthly work plans
- Responsible to develop, administer and track the annual Street’s Department budget.
- Coordinates the purchasing of equipment and supplies in accordance with City procurement practices.
- Develops and implements safety training, safety plans and accident prevention.
- Ensures that all accident procedures are followed and completed such as worker’s compensation forms and post-accident testing.
- Oversees construction and maintenance work to ensure high quality work is being performed in an efficient manner.
- Participates in Emergency Management exercises and trainings.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER