The Recreation Coordinator coordinates recreation programs, services, facilities and/or events for the City of Cordova
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT – GROUP D as Administrative Specialist
SALARY: $23.56 – $27.56 PER HOUR, DOE (entry compensation)
HOURS: MON-FRI, 0800-1700 OFFICE HOURS; OCCASIONAL EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS SCHEDULED
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A. Post-secondary education in related field. B. First Aid, CPR & AED Certification, must be able to obtain within 60 days of hire. C. A valid Alaska Driver’s License, must be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Organize, coordinate, implement and supervise the day-to-day operations of assigned recreational programs and activities; establish schedules and methods for providing recreation programs; verify and validate expenses and payroll; maintain facility calendars; submit reports as required.
- Schedule usage of recreational facilities for activities; provide information and assistance to users of facilities; monitor, inspect and secure recreation facilities; schedule maintenance.
- Work on site as necessary to instruct or assist with program activities and to monitor operations and activities.
- Monitor program compliance with applicable laws, rules and safety regulations related to the provision of assigned recreation programs and related services.
- Promote and coordinate specific activities within a recreation program; prepare program, event and facility marketing material including news releases, flyers, schedules of events, pamphlets, and brochures.
- Solicit and incorporate community and staff input for program improvements and for new programs and events; develop innovative ways to increase revenue for programs and events.
- Maintain records and develop reports concerning programs and program effectiveness; maintain records for registrations and fees collected; maintain and file accident reports; prepare usage reports as required.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures for recreation programs.
- Prepare, monitor and track program budget; locate, write and track grants related to assigned programs; submit budget requests; prepare and submit supply and material requests as needed.
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of recreation and leisure services.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER