The Recreation Clerk performs reception and clerical work in support of municipal recreation programs.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $19.57 – $23.67 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS 0800 – 1630; OCCASIONAL EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS SCHEDULED
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Three (3) years’ customer service or general clerical experience. Preference is given to candidates with First Aid/CPR/AED Certification and/or experience using WordPress.
- Acts as the central point of contact for the department; greets visitors and answers questions, answers and directs phone calls, and replies to email requests for information.
- Maintains official department records via electronic and hard-copy methods as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or enters a variety of information into applicable documents, spreadsheets, invoices, databases, membership systems, forms, notices, and other related areas.
- Registers program participants, processes membership applications and reserves facilities utilizing designated recreation software.
- Collects, deposits, and maintains accurate records of department receipts and revenues.
- Orders, receives, and distributes supplies as required.
- Coordinates reservations, usage permits, billing and day-to-day operations for Odiak Camper Park and Eyak Lake Skater’s Cabin.
- Supports the City of Cordova Parks & Recreation Commission with meeting scheduling, preparing, and distributing agendas, taking minutes, and filing documents with the City Clerk’s office and on the city website.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER