The Museum Assistant provides guest services, administrative and logistical support for the Cordova Museum, Cordova Historical Society and Cordova Center events.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $16.15 – $21.39 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, TO INCLUDE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS SCHEDULED
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Six (6) months experience in museum work or visitor industry. Preference is given to candidates with a post-secondary degree and/or experience planning special events.
- Greets museum visitors and answers questions; distributes and maintains printed information,
- Conducts museum tours for visitors.
- Maintains and stocks store merchandise, completes sales, assists customers in the Museum Store.
- Maintains records of Cordova Historical Society memberships and other documentation.
- Assists customers with Cordova Center reservations.
- Reserves tentative dates and obtains event information for Museum Director’s review and action.
- Coordinates volunteer activities in support of Museum store and Cordova Center events.
- Performs set-up and assists during events as needed.
- Conducts research for exhibits and public programs as needed.
- Performs security walk-through and secures facility as necessary.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER