The Museum Assistant provides guest services, administrative and logistical support for the Cordova Museum, Cordova Historical Society and Cordova Center events.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $20.85 – $24.39 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: TUES – SAT OFFICE HOURS, TO INCLUDE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS SCHEDULED
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Six (6) months experience in museum work, tourism, or customer service. Preference is given to candidates with a post-secondary degree and/or experience planning special events.
- Greets museum visitors and answers questions; distributes and maintains printed information; conducts museum tours for visitors.
- Maintains and stocks store merchandise, completes sales, assists customers in the Museum Store; provides daily accounting reports.
- Maintains records of Cordova Historical Society memberships and other documentation.
- Coordinates volunteer activities in support of Museum store and educational programs.
- Assist with data input in the Past Perfect artifact database and labeling artifacts.
- Assist with installation and deinstallation of exhibits as needed.
- Perform light custodial duties in the museum and with knowledge of proper care for artifacts.
- Assists customers by providing information regarding booking Cordova Center space and events in general.
- Performs set-up and assists during events as needed in the Museum and Cordova Center, as needed.
- Performs security walk-through and secures facility as needed.
TO APPLY: Apply online or download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER