The Lifeguard Enforces swimming pool safety rules and regulations, prevents injuries by minimizing hazardous situations and/or behaviors, and engages in general tasks associated with the operation of a swimming pool.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
TEMPORARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE: YES
SALARY: $15.63 – $21.39 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: VARIES AS SCHEDULED BETWEEN 0600-2100 TO INCLUDE HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS
QUALIFICATIONS: American Red Cross Certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED. Preference given to candidates with aquatic work experience and/or Certification as a Pool Operator, Swim Instructor or Water Safety Instructor.
- Ensures the safety of customers at the Pool facility and responds to emergencies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes pool areas; cleans and disinfects bathrooms; gathers lost items.
- Undertakes water testing to meet Federal, state, and local water standards and regulations.
- Sets up and packs down swimming pool equipment as required.
- Greets and assists customers; responds to inquiries, concerns or problems; educates customers on facility rules and procedures; and directs customers to appropriate the persons or areas.
- Registers members, conducts point of sale operations and performs front desk duties as needed.
- Maintains accurate records including attendance, equipment, cleaning logs, program registration.
- Instructs water safety and/or learn to swim, if certified to do so by the American Red Cross.
- May supervise pool operation or programs as required.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER