The Library Director is responsible for daily operations, oversight, management, and development of the library.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME EXEMPT, SALARIED AND CONFIDENTIAL
SALARY: $60,145 – $74,634 ANNUALLY, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800 – 1700
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three year’s library work experience is required. An advanced degree in Library Science is preferred.
- Professional and administrative management of the library.
- Oversees, tracks, and manages the budget for the Library Department.
- Coordinates library programs, including special events.
- Serves as liaison between the Cordova Public Library Board, Friends of the Library, and the City of Cordova. Develops and implements the administrative, operating procedures and policies of the library.
- Supervises and directs permanent, seasonal, and on-call library staff.
- Manages and oversees all cataloguing of library materials.
- Manages and oversees assessment of library collection.
- Manages and oversees all updating of records and statistics necessary for Alaska State Library Annual Reporting.
- Manages and oversees library budget and provides proposed budget to City Manager and Library Board as requested.
- Responsible for leased collection material selection and purchase; responsible for ListenAlaska and all other e-book collection and purchases.
- Responsible for oversight of all collection purchases.
- Responsible for maintenance and oversight of library technology needs and upgrades, including updating of Library Technology Plan.
- Responsible for annual review of Cordova Public Library Policies and Procedures and Operations Manual.
- Develops and coordinates with staff educational library programs, including special events for Children’s Book Week and National Library Week.
- Develops and coordinates summer reading program and additional children’s programs as time and staffing allows.
- Develops and coordinates staff schedule for daily operation and for circulation desk.
- Seeks, administers, and manages library related grants.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER