The Firefighter/Medic responds to emergency calls for service; trains department personnel; educates the public in fire safety and CPR; and maintains department equipment and records.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
STARTING SALARY: $24.12 – $28.20 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700; WITH SCHEDULED DAY OR NIGHT EMS ON-CALL TO INCLUDE EVENINGS/WEEKEND RESPONSE, AND UNSCHEDULED EMERGENCY CALL OUTS
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED. Valid State of Alaska driver’s license. Ability to acquire State of Alaska Airport Operations Area (AOA) access. One year Emergency Services Experience and experience with ImageTrend Elite reporting system. State of Alaska EMT I and/or Firefighter I certification preferred. Preference given to candidates with two (2) years’ of clerical experience and/or successful completion of post-secondary accounting coursework.
- Responds to calls for service to include fire, medical, search and rescue, and hazmat.
- Performs basic maintenance on all emergency response equipment.
- Performs custodial duties and maintenance of all department facilities, to include volunteer living quarters.
- Delivers training programs to include formal fire and emergency medical training and public education.
- Serves as department Infection Control (IC) Coordinator; trains all personnel on IC.
- Assists Fire Marshal and Volunteers with inventory control and ordering of supplies.
- Maintains all volunteer training, department compliance and incident records.
- Reports fire incidents to National Fire Incident Reporting System.
- Utilizes ImageTrend software to support records management and program requirements.
- Assists with fire hydrant maintenance, to include performing flow tests and clearing hydrant obstructions.
- Performs annual inventory and re-stocks medical supplies in all associated equipment.
- Assists Emergency Management Team with the implementation of the City’s Emergency Plan.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal, education, employment history.) Required licenses/certifications must remain valid for the duration of employment.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER