The Accounting Specialist, Accounts Receivable/Utilities is responsible for performing moderately difficult accounting functions related to City owned utilities and City sales tax collections under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Management Assistant or Finance Department Head.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $22.52 – $26.34 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700
QUALIFICATIONS: Two (2) years’ accounting experience with public contact preferred. Preference given to candidates with experience using Caselle government accounting software.
- Processes monthly utility billing and receipts for City utility customers.
- Performs all activities related to City sales tax reporting and payments; reviews all returns in accordance with City Code.
- Prepares monthly reports on billing and delinquent accounts for all utility and sales tax receivable, reviews accounts and determines accounts needing personal contact and follow-up.
- Completes research necessary to resolve any problems relating to customer billings.
- Coordinates with Planning Department to ensure lease terms are accurately managed.
- Cross trains and provides back up to the front desk to include receipting monies, coding to the proper accounts, preparing timely deposits, answering the phone and directing calls to the appropriate department and providing quality customer service.
- Responds to questions from utility customers and City vendors; researches related precedents and legal requirements; recommends actions as necessary.
- Provides quality customer service in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains a well-organized filing system that includes all utility, sales tax and related reports in conformance with the City’s retention schedule.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal history, verification of education/employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER