The Laborer/Maintenance Worker II assists with the maintenance of the City’s recreation facilities and parks.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT, FULLY BENEFITTED.
STARTING SALARY: $21.62 – $25.29 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK MON-FRI, 0700 – 1500; OCCASSIONAL EVENING AND WEEKEND HOURS ARE REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED certificate, valid driver’s license, Certified Pool Operator (or must obtain within 6 months) and First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (or must obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Assists and or leads general repairs, regular and preventive maintenance and construction in parks, trails and buildings as needed (e.g., electrical, plumbing, carpentry, construction, painting etc.)
- Operates equipment such as tractors, vehicles, small equipment etc.
- Assists with maintaining and servicing vehicles and small equipment.
- Performs ground maintenance and landscaping (mowing, weeding, trash pickup, mulching, trail maintenance and repair).
- Performs maintenance and safety inspections on swimming pool building, plant, and equipment including testing and treating water.
- Transports and changes containers of pool filter media, caustic soda, and acid.
- Inspects swimming pool filtering systems, mechanical chemical feeding systems, and water pumps for proper operation.
- Cleans pumps, filter tanks, and chlorinators, and adjusts dispensing units for proper discharge.
- Repairs large and small pumps, motors, and chemical feeders. Performs routine service, maintenance, and repair work on plumbing and electrical components related to aquatics facilities.
- Maintains, inspects, and cleans public restrooms, shelters/cabins, picnic sites, athletic fields, trails, and other facilities.
- Responds to service calls from staff and takes corrective action.
- Performs snow and ice removal using hand tools and equipment from parks, streets, parking lots and sidewalks to ensure safety.
- Pesticide application (under directoN of a certified applicator).
- May direct the work of lower-level Park Maintenance workers and Seasonal Parks workers and volunteers performing maintenance and repairs.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER