The Technology Coordinator maintains technology needs and electronic records storage for the City under the policy guidance and supervision of the City Manager. Provides direct support to meetings and events requiring technology coordination and support.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $21.62 – $25.29 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS 0800 – 1700; EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS NEEDED
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Two (2) years’ experience with technology hardware and software. Preference given to candidates with post-secondary degree in computer science or related field.
- Carry out technology plans and electronic records management.
- Maintains inventory of technology hardware, peripherals, and software; coordinates technology equipment (hardware), software and peripheral (printer ink/cartridges, etc.) purchases.
- Coordinates technology training for city staff. Ensures legal and ethical use of technology.
- Manages, operates and maintains all technological equipment that does not fall under other third-party contracts; including setting up and operating A/V technology for meetings and events.
- Serves as primary contact and on-the ground staff for technology-related service providers.
- Assists with technology-related purchases, installation, maintenance, and upgrades of systems.
- Assists technology-related service provider with minor repairs and assembly of computers, computer peripherals, and other technology equipment.
- Assists technology-related service provider with special and ongoing projects regarding technology.
- Maintains City of Cordova website and coordinates City Department web pages and content.
- Recommends and tracks approved technology-related budget items.
- Assists Superintendent of Facilities with building security systems.
- Assists with Emergency Management Technology as needed.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER