Pursuant to Title 5, Chapter 5.14 of the Code of the City of Cordova, the City of Cordova is accepting sealed bids for the purchase of the following City of Cordova surplus vehicle:
1993 Chevrolet Astro Van. Minimum Bid $1,000.
Bids will be considered based on the highest offer. All bids must use the bid form; be sealed and shall be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope: Surplus Bid October 2023. Include your Name, Address, and telephone number. All proposals must be signed.
The City of Cordova warrants that the City is the true and lawful owner of the vehicle, and that the vehicle is free of any and all legal claims, encumbrances and offsets by others.
The vehicle listed will be sold “As-is / Where-is” without any warranties, express or implied, as to its condition. The Buyer has the option to personally inspect the vehicle and will accept it “As-is / Where-is”.
Sealed bids must be delivered to the office of the Bidarki Recreation Center, 103 Council Avenue, Cordova, Alaska, 99574 by 5:00pm local time on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
Bid opening is at 10:30am on Thursday, November 16, 2023, at the Bidarki Recreation Center located at 103 Council Avenue, Cordova, Alaska, 99574.
- There is no minimum bid, unless stated otherwise.
- No bidder may submit more than one bid on any object to be sold.
- Each bid needs a separate check or payment.
- Payment due on the highest accepted bid by 4:30pm, November 20, 2023.
- Terms of payment accepted: cash, check, cashier’s check. Checks payable to the City of Cordova.
- The buyer will be responsible for the removal of the items from City property by November 24, 2023. The City will not be responsible for relocation of any items.
Bid forms are available at the Bidarki Recreation Center, 103 Council Avenue, Cordova, Alaska, 99574 or on the City of Cordova’s website www.cityofcordova.net.
The City of Cordova reserves the right to reject any or all offers, to waive any irregularities or to accept any offer deemed to be in the best interest of the City of Cordova.
Dated: October 23, 2023
Acting City Manager