The Equipment Operator operates specialized heavy equipment and trucks in support of maintenance, repairs and upgrades of infrastructure.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $23.46 – $30.95 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI, 0500-1700 VARIES SEASONALLY; ON-CALL, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME MAY BE REQUIRED
Equipment Operator I
- Must possess valid Alaska Driver’s License in good standing.
Equipment Operator II
- Valid Alaska Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- 1 year experience operating a variety of heavy equipment; including but not limited to loader, grader, dump truck with two or more attachments. Ability to demonstrate proficiency.
- Operates City-owned heavy equipment and class B vehicles.
- Performs repair and maintenance of municipal roadways and infrastructure, to include drainage systems, potholes, painting, cleaning, and obstruction removal.
- Clears snow and ice from roads and City-owned parking lots; collects and hauls accumulated snow.
- Repairs, cleans and installs culverts.
- Installs and maintains street signs.
- Fuels and inspects equipment daily, performs preventive and prescribed maintenance and makes minor repairs on equipment and tools.
- Assists other departments and/or divisions with equipment operations as necessary.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER