The Special Pojects/Public Communications Director provides support to City departments and contractors in managing projects of importance including coordination of project planning, design, development, and implementation. Manage projects of varying complexity, exercise independent judgement and the ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision. Promote public awareness of City of Cordova services, Policies, programs, and initiatives through a comprehensive communications strategy.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME EXEMPT, SALARIED AND CONFIDENTIAL
SALARY: $63,364.13 – $78,608.38 ANNUALLY, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800 – 1700
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree desired. Equivalent education, experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree. Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar role is strongly recommended.
- Manage a variety of projects from concept/design to implementation, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project plans, including risk mitigation.
- Prepare reports on project feasibility, site options, budget, schedule, design alternatives, or construction issues working with project team.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various departments and external consultants.
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, work with project team to recommend changes to scope, timelines, and costs to ensure adherence to project requirements.
- Review, analyze, and prepare reports and other correspondence on all activities and transactions related to assigned projects, and provide timely information and status updates for City Manager, Council, and public
- Develop, manage, and implement City communications strategy for public outreach, community education and engagement.
- Provide communications support and guidance to City departments, the City Manager and City Council.
- Develop protocols to ensure timely response to media, public inquiries, information requests, concerns, and complaints.
- Manage development of all printed public communication materials including, but not limited to reports, press releases, promotional materials, newsletters, informational brochures, flyers, social media, and web pages for internal and external use.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of other city personnel and the City Manager.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER