The Sewer/Water Operator performs certification-appropriate work related to the operations and maintenance of Class 2 water and wastewater treatment facilities.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $19.57 – $31.54 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS 0700 – 1530; ON-CALL HOURS AS SCHEDULED
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Alaska Class B CDL, or must obtain one within 12 months of hire. Compensation is based on meeting specific criteria for the career path. Refer to full job description for qualification specifics summarized below:
- S/W Operator I: Four (4) Level 1 certifications.
- S/W Operator II: Three (3) Level 3 certifications.
- Labor/Maintenance II: Two (2) Level 1 provisional certifications.
- Labor/Maintenance I: No certifications required.
- Operates and conducts preventive maintenance on water and wastewater facilities.
- Reads water meters and performs lab duties in accordance with operational requirements.
- Conducts sampling duties in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Operates SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system and analyzes associated data
- Pursues initial, refresher or advanced state certification for water and wastewater, studying, accumulating necessary work hours and successfully completing required examinations.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER