The Recreation Assistant assists in the day-to-day operation of the Bidarki Recreation Center and/or Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, HOURLY, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
TEMPORARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE: YES
SALARY: $19.93 – $23.32 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: VARIES, AS SCHEDULED TO INCLUDE EARLY MORNINGS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
QUALIFICATIONS: 16 years of age and First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (or must obtain within 6 months of hire). Preference is given to candidates with customer service experience.
- Opens/Closes Bidarki Recreation Center and/or Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool as needed.
- Performs cash handling, such as collecting fees, maintaining related records, and preparing deposits for review.
- Acts as front-line staff and provides customer service by answering the telephone, responding to questions and greeting members, visitors, and the public.
- Educates patrons/participants on rules and regulations, care of equipment and acceptable conduct
- Assists with the set-up and pack down of equipment and programs.
- Ensures a safe and fun environment for assigned recreation programs.
- Conducts water quality tests at Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool and maintains logs and reports as required.
- Performs basic custodial duties including restocking supplies.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER