The Recreation Assistant assists in the day-to-day operation of the Bidarki Recreation Center and/or Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, HOURLY, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
TEMPORARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE: YES
SALARY: $19.93 – $23.32 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: VARIES, AS SCHEDULED TO INCLUDE EARLY MORNINGS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
QUALIFICATIONS: First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (or must obtain within 6 months of hire). Preference is given to candidates with customer service experience.
- Greets customers and responds to both phone and in person inquiries regarding department activities at all Parks and Recreation facilities. Enforces rules and regulations and monitors security of facilities
- Receives and processes recreation program registrations, memberships, and facility reservations.
- Operate cash register, balance cash register, complete receipts, handle cash, ensure cash drawers and deposits are property accounted for after each shift; Maintain security of cash and keep accurate records of monies and transactions.
- Set up, tear down, and cleanup for recreation, athletic and special event programs, and activities on and off site.
- Assists in the delivery of recreations and activities as assigned.
- Participates in cleaning/maintaining recreation facilities and equipment for area of assignment; sweeps and mops floors; performs vacuuming and dusting; cleans windows; empties trash.
- Being alert and attentive to any situations taking place in the facility including emergency Initiates CPR and first aid to include the proper use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) as necessary.
- Liaises with other P&R Department staff regarding maintenance of equipment and
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER