The Motor Vehicle Customer Service Clerk provides Alaska Department of Motor Vehicle field services to include interacting with the public, processing applications, entering motor vehicle-related data and handling payments for service.
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $18.26 – $22.08 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: TUE-THU OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1600
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED, twenty one (21) years old at the time of hire, and ability to obtain required security credentials. Valid Alaska Driver’s License with no revocations and three (3) years’ driving experience in Alaska. Preference given to candidates with customer service and/or cash handling experience.
- Provides excellent service to customers in obtaining permits, licenses, identification and titles/registrations.
- Interprets, applies, and communicates information on applicable statutes, regulations, and policies.
- Operates DMV’s computer system, testing equipment and digital camera.
- Administers written driver examinations and associated road tests for vehicle and motorcycle licenses.
- Answers telephone in a timely manner, greets members of the public, schedules appointments.
- Registers vehicles, issues titles, plates and tabs for vehicles, boats, snow-machines, and ATVs.
- Processes transactions, computes and collects fees and balances money collected with computer records.
- Collects and remits local sales tax on transactions.
- Reconciles daily work with monies collected, prepares daily credit card settlement reports, prepares and records the daily bank deposits.
- Maintains privacy of Alaska License and Vehicle Information Network records and associated personal information, integrity of the ALVIN system, and accountability for all received documents..
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal, education, employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER