Mayor Allison and the City Council are soliciting interest for a community member to be appointed as the Cordova representative to the Prince William Sound Regional Citizens Advisory Council
Go to their website for info on who they are/what they do www.pwsrcac.org.
The City of Cordova is best served by a representative who:
The commitment is for a term through May 2024; approximate time commitment is 20 hours/month, three 2-day meetings in January, May & September. Appointed representative will attend the PWSRCAC January 26-27, 2023 meeting in Anchorage.
- Understands her/his organization and/or community, its needs, concerns and perspectives;
- Has at least a rudimentary familiarity with oil transportation issues;
- Is a resident of Alaska and has a home and work schedule flexible enough to allow participation and travel;
- Is committed to our mission of promoting environmentally safe operation of the Alyeska terminal and associated tankers; and
- Seeks opportunities to foster cooperative and constructive relationships between citizens, industry, and regulatory agencies.