Become part of our lifeguard team!
As a lifeguard at Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool, you will play a key part in ensuring that all our customers not only have a fantastic experience but a safe one.
This is a critical role for our swimming pool; our lifeguards take on a much greater responsibility than just supervising the pool. The lifeguard plays a critical part in ensuring a safe, prevention focused environment for our customers to enjoy.
We are looking for approachable, reliable, people who can think critically with a keen safety focus while having fun.
You will need to be a confident swimmer with effective communication skills, great initiative, resilience, and an interest in community wellbeing.
What we offer
We are creating a team of energetic individuals who are passionate about making a difference in our local community. You will also gain lifelong, valuable skills.
The benefits are excellent.
- Flexible schedules.
- Free training
- Competitive wage.
- Various work shifts are available – morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend.
- Potential for full time job.
- Access to pool and gym.
To be considered for this position candidates must be 15 years or older and able to pass a swim test as part of a conditional job offer. All you need are basic swim skills and willingness to learn the skills required for the position, we will train you from there! All training will be paid time and lead to certification as a professional lifeguard.
A swim test is required and will be scheduled upon submission of the application.
- swim a continuous non-stop 300 yards of freestyle or breaststroke.
- Tread water for 2 minutes, using your legs only
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to the bottom of pool and retrieve 10-pound brick, return to the surface and swim back 20 yards to starting point with both hands holding the object
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
If you are successful, you will also need to attend an in-person training class and complete various online modules. If you pass, you will gain an American Red Cross Certificate in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for two years. The Certificate must be obtained prior to commencement of work.
The training class is scheduled for 12 to 14 November 2021 in Cordova.
The positions remain open until filled.