The Part Time Library Assistant assists staff with daily operations of the library.
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, UP TO 25 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: $19.93 – $23.32 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: FLEXIBLE, TO INCLUDE EVENINGS AND SATURDAYS
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written/oral policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is respectful and fosters teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills, to include the ability to communicate ideas and concepts to individuals for whom English is not a primary language.
- Assists Librarians as directed with collection maintenance, which may include cataloging and weeding,
- Assists patrons in help with reference questions, finding materials, inter-library loans, etc..
- Shelves library materials and adjusts arrangement of library materials as necessary.
- Assists with patron programs as necessary.
- Staffs circulation desk, answering reference questions, assisting patrons in finding materials, and facilitating loan activities.
- Performs security walk-through and secures facility as necessary.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER