The Information Technology Manager coordinates and maintains technology needs and electronic records storage for the City under the policy guidance and supervision of the City Manager. Provides direct support to meetings and events requiring technology coordination and support. Performs moderately complex tasks in support of managing distinct networks, database administration, and implementing technology solutions to meet organization needs. Provides direct support to meetings and events requiring technology coordination and support.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, OVERTIME INELIGIBLE
SALARY: $57,668 – $70,404 ANNUALLY, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS 0800 – 1700; EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS NEEDED
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing. Two (2) years’ experience with complex technology hardware and software. Preference given to candidates with post-secondary degree in computer science or related field.
- Oversees and facilitates technology plans and electronic records management.
- Maintains inventory of technology hardware, peripherals and software; coordinates technology equipment (hardware), software and peripheral (printer ink/cartridges, etc.) purchases; oversees software/license management and server operations.
- Coordinates technology training for city staff. Ensures legal and ethical use of technology.
- Provides staff support to and assists with set-up and operation of technology and A/V equipment for meetings and events; directs and oversees temporary staff providing technology support.
- Serves as primary contact and on-the ground staff for technology-related service providers.
- Manages technology-related purchases, installation, maintenance and upgrades of systems.
- Repairs and assembles computers, computer peripherals, and other technology equipment.
- Creates awareness of new/innovative uses of technology for City of Cordova.
- Coordinates with City Clerk’s Office concerning records management for City of Cordova. Maintains a records management system applicable to all departments of the City.
- Maintains City of Cordova website and coordinates City Department web pages and content.
- Prepares budget recommendations and manages approved technology-related budget items.
- Assists Superintendent of Facilities with building security systems.
- Assists with Emergency Management Technology as needed.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER