The Human Resources Manager administers personnel, wage and salary, and benefits programs.
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, OVERTIME EXEMPT, SALARIED AND CONFIDENTIAL
SALARY: $57,668.85 – 70,404.61 ANNUALLY, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800 – 1700
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and two (2) years’ administrative experience. Preference given to candidates with a related postsecondary degree and/or experience in personnel management, labor relations and/or staff supervision.
- Manages position classification systems; maintains job descriptions; performs periodic job analysis; researches/recommends adjustments to wage scales based on changing job duties and/or economic conditions.
- Directs recruitment processes, to include vacancy announcements and candidate selection.
- Performs in-person onboarding with new employees and periodic benefit/paperwork reviews with current employees.
- Coordinates payroll practices with AP/Payroll Specialist to ensure accuracy of personnel records, monthly benefit billings and employee status.
- Manages employee evaluation system; develops evaluations forms; tracks completed evaluations and ensures supervisors are skilled in producing useful evaluations.
- Administers third-party training program to ensure all employees complete workplace and job-related training in accordance with legal, best-practice, and recurring training requirements.
- Administers the City’s FMCSA/DOT random drug testing program, notifications and documentations and other non-DOT drug testing for City employees.
- Reports and tracks Worker’s Compensation injuries and occupational safety incidents.
- Serves as liaison between the City and the bargaining unit; supports collective bargaining activities and fosters conflict resolution efforts between management and employees.
- Fosters and maintains a good working relationship with the bargaining unit; communicates routinely with administrative representatives and local stewards.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER