The Harbor Operations and Maintenance Supervisor ensures a clean, functional and safe working environment for Harbor and Port operations by overseeing moorage, facility maintenance, security while overseeing the work of two year-round harbor maintenance personnel.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $23.46 – $32.11 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700, CAN VARY TO INCLUDE EVENINGS/WEEKENDS
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. One (1) year supervisory experience. One (1) year facility maintenance experience, preferably harbor maintenance. Valid State of Alaska driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License within six (6) months of hire. Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Preference given to candidates with experience in harbor/port operations, small engine repair and maintenance and/or HazMat or First Aid certification.
- Maintains harbor and port facilities and equipment; provides general maintenance and repairs.
- Oversees activities on and operation of the public dock and floats.
- Regulates transient and reserved moorage; assigns moorage and collects fees.
- Provides customer service and assistance.
- Supervise and train harbor maintenance personnel.
- Oversee volunteer-led programs and manage volunteer staff.
- Performs public safety patrols of harbor areas; reports emergency situations/illegal activity as appropriate.
- Tests, collects, transports, and offloads used oil in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
- Maintains department inventory and OSHA-required SDS for supplies and equipment.
- Oversees operations at Cordova Shipyard Facility.
- Schedules vessel haul-outs and operates marine Travelift.
- Operates harbor skiff and all other harbor and port equipment.
- Responds to emergencies as needed, to include vessel pumping or towing, snow removal, fire, oil spill, etc.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal history, verification of education/employment history.) Required licenses/certifications must remain valid for the duration of employment.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER