CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $19.57 – $26.72 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700, CAN VARY TO INCLUDE EVENINGS/WEEKENDS
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED. Valid State of Alaska driver’s license and ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License within six (6) months of hire. Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Preference given to candidates with experience in Travelift operations and/or general facility maintenance.
- Performs general repairs on public docks, floats, and ramps.
- Collects moorage and other harbor fees from customers.
- Performs preventive and periodic maintenance and troubleshooting of Department equipment.
- Maintains Department harbor and port fire safety equipment in working order.
- Provides customer service and assistance.
- Performs public safety patrols of harbor areas; reports emergency situations/illegal activity as appropriate.
- Collects, transports, and offloads used oil in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
- Operates marine Travelift and assists in Travelift operations while hauling, launching, or moving vessels.
- Operates harbor skiff and all other harbor and port equipment.
- Cleans and stocks public restrooms and showers; locks all structures, as necessary.
- Removes snow from harbor ramps, docks, floats, and uplands.
- Responds to emergencies as needed, to include vessel pumping or towing, snow removal, fire, oil spill, etc.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal history, verification of education/employment history.) Required licenses/certifications must remain valid for the duration of employment.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER