The Cordova Center Coordinator oversees and coordinates Cordova Center activities, events, and meetings; implement programming goals and objectives; and performs a variety of administrative and professional tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, OVERTIME ELLIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
PAY RATE: $21.62 – $25.29 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI, Occasional evening and weekends are required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Four years of increasingly responsible community service, recreational, or social activity experience; including one year of administrative/supervisory responsibility.
- Oversees Cordova Center activities and events. Identifies the resource and staffing needs and develops the plan to provide resources for events.
- Schedules usage of Cordova Center for activities; provides information and assistance to users of facilities.
- Scheduling Cordova Center staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff is trained.
- Completes and manages administrative tasks to carry out facility use, which includes developing and providing quotes to users; tracking applications and Conditions of Use forms; invoicing for facility use; and receiving payments.
- Communicates and collaborates on all scheduled events and needs with staff; which may include Superintendent of Facilities, City Clerk, Public Works Director and City Manager.
- Support facility users with events by conducting walk through in advance of event, coordinate set up of needed equipment, and schedule walk through upon event completion.
- Oversee and facilitate audio/video needs throughout the Cordova Center.
- Maintains quarterly reports and provides them to the City Clerk.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of assigned budget; submits budget recommendations; and monitors expenditures.
- Oversees Cordova Center conference marketing, scheduling, and meeting logistics.
- Assists with conference and program hospitality issues.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER