The Communications Clerk/Dispatcher serves as primary communication and information source for Public Safety responders. Performs support tasks for individuals incarcerated in the municipal jail facility.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $21.62 – $25.29, PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: SHIFT WORK, INCLUDES EVENINGS, NIGHTS, HOLIDAYS, AND WEEKENDS
QUALIFICATIONS: High School graduate or possession of a GED. Ability to get clearances mandatory for completing dispatch duties. Valid State of Alaska driver’s license.
- Receives, relays, and transmits emergency and non-emergency calls for service to police, fire, ambulance and other public service agencies.
- Ascertains crucial information relative to each situation and ensures timely dissemination to responding entities.
- Monitors police radio and 911 calls for service; documents radio transmissions, telephone calls and related information into electronic logbooks.
- Prioritizes information received from multiple sources for a single event.
- Maintains incidence reports of received complaints.
- Provides staff support to the municipal jail facility, to include monitoring inmates via closed circuit video, delivering meals, responding to inmate calls, conducting jail checks and cleaning cells.
- Participates in Emergency Management exercises.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal, education, employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER