The Communications Clerk Leader manages the daily activities of public safety dispatch and the local Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) branch operations.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $24.12 – $28.20, PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: SHIFT WORK, INCLUDES EVENINGS, NIGHTS, HOLIDAYS, AND WEEKENDS
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and valid Alaska Driver’s license. Two (2) years’ experience as public safety or police dispatcher. Completion of National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliant, online independent study courses within 6 months of hire.
- Directs duties and activities of the communications clerks to include scheduling shifts and assigning routine work and special projects.
- Administers disciplinary measures only as directed by the Police Chief.
- Serves as Alaska Public Safety Information Network (APSIN) Terminal Security Officer; providing APSIN-related training and support; maintains certification information for all Department personnel that access APSIN.
- Reviews dispatch radio and telephone logs, calls for service and initiation of case files; identifies incidents or trends not meeting procedural standards; conducts follow-up or training as necessary.
- Provides staff support to the municipal jail facility, to include monitoring inmates via closed circuit video, delivering meals, responding to inmate calls and conducting jail checks; performs searches of same gender prisoners when needed.
- Maintains and ensures security of personal information records and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) System.
- Liaises with local Magistrate and District Attorney regarding court and departmental matters.
- Interfaces with the public, businesses, service providers, juvenile authorities, other organizations and State agencies.
- Performs Communications Clerk responsibilities as necessary.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a drug screening and background check (criminal, education, employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER