The City Planner is responsible for all aspects of the Planning Department, to include supporting the Planning Commission, developing plans for community development and sustainability, and administering applicable city codes under the supervision of the Public Works Director.
CLASSIFICATION: OVERTIME EXEMPT, SALARIED AND CONFIDENTIAL
SALARY: $68,166 – $89,336 DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700; SOME EVENINGS/WEEKENDS REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Two (2) years’ progressively responsible experience in mid-to-upper level management. Two (2) years’ administrative experience writing analytical reports, completing targeted research and delivering customer service. Preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, or related field; experience in municipal planning and land use; experience with Geographical Information System (GIS); and/or American Institute Certified Planners (AICP) certification.
- Perform all municipal land use-related activities; administer all related permits.
- Schedule, publicize and record meetings of the Council-appointed Planning Commission.
- Prepare and compile all agenda-related documents for Planning Commission action.
- Advise public on municipal planning issues, including zoning, land use, permitting and property information.
- Write memos, reports, white papers, resolutions and ordinances for Planning Commission and City Council.
- Create and deliver oral presentations and reports to elected and appointed City officials.
- Maintain Geographical Information System (GIS) data.
- Administer land disposal process, to include advertising, title research and closing.
- Facilitate negotiations for lease, purchase, permitting and other similar land contracts.
- Prepare and maintain land use studies, records, zoning and land disposal maps, and land information data.
- Prepare, update and implement all community planning documents.
- Coordinate with other department directors regarding policies, programs and fiscal matters.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, this position is subject to a background check (criminal history, verification of education and employment history).
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application, cover letter and resume to Samantha Greenwood, Public Works Director, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER