The Accounting Specialist, Accounts Payable/Payroll is responsible for performing moderately difficult accounting functions related to the timely payment of all City invoices. Conducts all payroll processing and reporting activities for City employees in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements, local ordinances, and state and federal laws.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $21.52 – $26.02 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700
QUALIFICATIONS: Two (2) years’ accounting experience with public contact preferred and two (2) years’ payroll processing experience. Preference given to candidates with experience using Caselle government accounting software.
- Receives, reviews and records invoices/requests for payment; processes payments and prepares checks.
- Reviews and enters purchase order data for payment.
- Maintains vendor, purchase order and other payable-related databases.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounts, statements, transactions and accounting classifications.
- Manages procurement cards, to include issuance, cancellation and statement reconciliation.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, to include wages, benefits, taxes and other deductions.
- Maintains employee payroll records and processes related payroll updates.
- Prepares and reconciles payable and payroll reports, year-end W2 and 1099 statements.
- Prepares payments and reports for payroll taxes and benefit payments to appropriate agencies.
- Assists Human Resources with leave accrual, pay increases, retirement and other benefits.
- Responds to City employees regarding payroll, withholding and deduction questions.
- Researches and remains current on payroll precedents and legal requirements.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal history, verification of education/employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER