The Accounting Clerk AR/Receptionist processes billing and proof of payment activities for City utility, lease and sales tax receivables. Prepares sales tax and City business licenses. Answers switchboard, greets and directs members of the public.
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $19.57 – $26.72 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI OFFICE HOURS, 0800-1700
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED. Preference given to candidates with two (2) years’ of clerical experience and/or successful completion of post-secondary accounting coursework.
- Receives monthly lease and customer payments related to business of the City.
- Prepares all monies received for deposit, codes to correct accounts, and posts to the General Ledger.
- Verifies all deposits received in City Hall for accuracy; processes all deposits in a secure and timely manner.
- Prepares monthly reports on billing and delinquent accounts for all City receivables; reviews accounts and recommends appropriate collection protocol.
- Analyzes and resolves discrepancies or other concerns relating to City accounts receivable under the direction of the Accounting Specialist.
- Greets members of the public in a professional manner; answers the switchboard courteously and efficiently; routes telephone calls and promptly relays messages with legible handwriting.
- Collects incoming mail and prepares all outgoing mail.
- Conducts daily banking transactions with financial institutions.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, applicant is subject to a background check (criminal, education, employment history.)
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER