The Recreation Program Specialist coordinates recreation programs, services, facilities and/or events for the City of Cordova
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, HOURLY, OVERTIME ELIGIBLE, IBEW BARGAINING UNIT
SALARY: $22.52 – $26.34 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: MON-FRI, 0800-1700 OFFICE HOURS; OCCASIONAL EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AS SCHEDULED
QUALIFICATIONS: Post-secondary degree in a related field, two (2) years’ experience in recreation or related field, or combination of above. Preference is given to candidates with Bachelors’ degree in related field, First Aid, CPR & AED Certification, and/or Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- Researches and recommends programs and activities; plans and implements approved programs.
- Assists Director with recruiting, hiring staff.
- Assists in the daily operation of recreation facilities.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to deliver human resources, safety and program-specific training.
- Manages attendance records, waitlists, refunds, and program transfers with designated software.
- Assists in the marketing and community outreach.
- Develops and updates manuals, brochures, and other promotional and instructional materials.
- Responds to and resolves inquiries and complaints.
- Manages inventory and completes purchasing/ordering processes.
- Recommends and tracks budget revenue and expenditures.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER