The Digital Services Librarian serves as the coordinator for the library’s technology resources, creates and delivers digital literacy workshops, performs general computer maintenance and provides customer service for library patrons.
CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME, UP TO 30 HOURS PER WEEK, GRANT FUNDED PROJECT POSITION
SALARY: $21.62 – $25.29 PER HOUR, DOE
HOURS: FLEXIBLE, TO INCLUDE EVENINGS AND SATURDAYS
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree in computer or library science (experience may be substituted for formal education) and two (2) years’ experience using computers/general office equipment. Preference is given to candidates with experience using library-specific software and multiple operating systems (Android, Apple, Microsoft) and/or proficiency communicating in a second language.
- Creates digital literacy workshops on basic skills, online applications and forms, and technology tools.
- Delivers training workshops in-person and virtually via video conferencing tools.
- Offers on-call hours to community members needing one-on-one technology assistance.
- Creates and delivers ESL-friendly workshops to assist users with translator programs.
- Offers evening and Saturday “Homework Hours” and assists participants with technological issues.
- Assists IT personnel with basic maintenance and upgrades to the library computers.
- Provides technological planning and assistance in support of special projects.
- Staffs circulation desk, answering questions, assisting patrons in finding materials, and facilitating loans.
- Shelves materials and adjusts arrangement of materials and displays.
TO APPLY: Download a City application and complete job description, which includes necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions. Interested individuals should submit a City application to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
THE CITY OF CORDOVA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER