Bidarki Recreation Center
The Bidarki Recreation Center is a city owned and operated recreational facility and home to the Cordova Parks and Recreation Department offices.
Bidarki Recreation Center
103 Council Ave, Cordova, AK 99575.
The amenities offered within Bidarki include three cardio areas complete with an assortment of elliptical machines, treadmills and exercise bikes. A fully stocked weight room with a combination of free weights and a variety of weight machines is also available. In addition, Bidarki features a gymnasium with a markings for basketball and volleyball. The Men’s and Women’s locker rooms are both equip with saunas, showers & lockers available for public use. Towels are provided at the front desk for a dollar if needed.
COVID – 19 Update
- Masks must be worn while moving about the building and in changing rooms. Your face covering must cover your nose and mouth. Masks are not required whilst you are actively working out.
- Please follow and obey any capacity limit and social distancing signage that is in place.
- Remember to wipe down all equipment after use with the provided sanitizer.
- People who are exhibiting symptoms of any illness should stay home and refrain from using the facility.
|Monday||8am – 8pm|
|Tuesday||8am – 8pm|
|Wednesday||8am – 8pm|
|Thursday||8am – 8pm|
|Friday||8am – 8pm|
|Saturday||12pm – 6pm|
Fees & Memberships
Daily Admission Fees
Adult (18 years+): $10 (May 1 – Aug 31); $5 (Sept 1 – Apr 30)
Youth (6 – 17 years): $3 (year-round)
Special (60+, military with ID, college students with ID; disabled): $3 (year-round)
Gymnasium Court Hire
$35 per hour. Subject to availability.
Bidarki Recreation Center offers a number of membership options to cater to each individual patron. The front desk staff can help you decide whether a day, monthly, seasonal or annual pass is the best fit for you and or give you a tour of the facility. Bob Korn Memorial Swimming Pool Memberships can also be purchased at Bidarki as a combo or singular option. Membership forms can picked up at the front desk.
|Week||Adult: Summer: $30 (Bidarki only) or $50 (combo)|
|Adult: Winter $15 (Bidarkionly) or $25 (combo)|
|Month||Adult: $55 (Birdarki only) or $100 (combo)|
|Family: $80 (Bidarki only) or $150 (combo)|
|Special: $30 (Bidarki only) or $50 (combo)|
|Season||Adult: $150 (Bidarki only) or $250 (combo)|
|Family: $300 (Bidarki only) or $450 (combo)|
|Annual||Adult: $225 (Bidarki only) or $400 (combo)|
|Family: $400 (Bidarki only) or $600 (combo)|
|Youth: $80 (Bidarki only) or $150 (combo)|
User Code, Safety Rules and Conditions of Entry
User code, safety rules and conditions of entry
Your safety when using our Recreation Center is important to us. Please follow the following health and safety rules. We also expect our customers to behave in a safe and responsible manner to all staff and customers, and to treat the facility with care and respect.
- Always follow the directions of our staff and any rules, warnings and instructions displayed on any safety signs and notices.
- Please be considerate of other users. Any offensive, threatening, dangerous or illegal activities will not be tolerated. Our decision as to what constitutes an offensive, threatening, inappropriate or dangerous activity will be final and binding. You will be asked to leave if you refuse the instructions of our staff, or your behavior threatens the safety of yourself or others.
- All facilities are drug, alcohol, and smoke free.
- Shirts, shorts/pants, and clean, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Photography and videography for any reason requires prior approval from the Parks & Recreation Director.
- Report any maintenance concerns to Parks & Recreation Department staff.
- All members are required to present a valid Membership barcode tag to access the Center at the front desk during staffed hours.
- Drop in and casual users are required to pay the appropriate fee to access the Center.
- Members who have Extended Use Hours may access the Center outside of staffed hours by scanning their barcode at the members entrance at the western end of the building. Extended Use Hours vary and are subject to change.
Weight Room and Cardio Areas
- Before your first work out on any of the fitness equipment (including weights) we encourage you to have a health check with your doctor.
- If you feel unwell or dizzy, stop your workout.
- The weight room and cardio areas are unsupervised. Individuals must assume personal responsibility for risks associated with using these areas.
- During peak facility hours, cardiovascular equipment use should be limited to 30 minutes per machine.
- Please be aware that you may have to wait to use equipment.
- All equipment must be sanitized after use with the provided disinfectant.
- When your work out is complete, place any used disinfectant bottles in the box at the front entrance when leaving the Center.
- Use equipment only for its designed purpose.
- Treat gym equipment with respect. Weights must not be slammed or intentionally dropped to the floor.
- Return all weights and equipment to its proper location after use.
- Weights must be sanitized with Triad™ III cleaner after use.
- Amplified music must be kept at reasonable levels. Users are recommended to bring their own device and headphones when listening to music.
- Children under 12 are not permitted in the Weights and Cardio areas unless they are actively supervised by an adult.
- Non marking clean gym shoes are to be worn on the court.
- Please ensure that children are supervised.
- Food and drink are prohibited on the court, except water in refillable non-glass container.
- Hoop height will remain at 10ft during open gym times.
- Please place all balls back on the racks once finished with them.
- Dunking or hanging on basketball nets or rims is not permitted.
- The court can be reserved for use. Fees apply. Contact the Parks & Recreation Department for reservations.
- Court reservations are held for ten minutes past reservation time. After 10 minutes reservations are forfeited.
All users must be 16 years and older.
Do not use if:
- are pregnant.
- have a serious illness.
- have a heart condition.
- have high or low blood pressure.
- have a respiratory condition.
- have any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to heat.
What sauna users must do
- Shower and towel dry before using the sauna, and afterwards too if you intend to subsequently use other facilities in the Center.
- Use a towel or mat to sit on.
- Take a break after 10 minutes.
- Wear appropriate attire.
- Remember to drink plenty of water.
- Exit immediately if you feel uncomfortable, dizzy, sleepy and seek assistance.
- Comply with stated occupancy limits. Max 4 people.
What sauna users must not do
- Do not use oil or lotion.
- Do not spit in the sauna.
- Exceed 30 minutes in the sauna at one time.
- Please keep the changing rooms in clean and tidy condition.
- Report any cleanliness or maintenance issues to the front desk staff.
- Lockers are for day use only. All locks must be removed and taken with you when you leave.
- The City of Cordova is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Lost & Found
- Found items should be turned in at the front desk.
- Lost items must be retrieved in person at the front desk.
- Unclaimed items will be discarded after 30 days.
At times we may have to or choose to close parts or all of the facility for repairs, general maintenance, refurbishment, health and safety or emergencies.
When a continuous alarm sounds, or if instructed to do so by staff, please proceed to the nearest exit immediately, or otherwise directed by staff and/or automated system.
You will not be permitted to re-enter until clearance has been given
Programs & Activities
We are not currently offering any fitness classes.
Adult Drop In Sports
$5.00 per adult. Members free. Please note capacity limits are in place in the Gymnasium. 10 people maximum.
Monday & Wednesday 6pm – 8pm
Tuesday & Thursday 6pm – 8pm
Shoot around sessions
Casual shoot around sessions are available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, depending on availability. Please note capacity limits are in place in the Gymnasium. 10 people maximum.